Monday 3 December 2012

Get Flawless: MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF15


I've made that ever-so dangerous move. I visited the MAC counter in Selfridges and asked for their recommendations. And now I want EVERYTHING. I'm not entirely sure just how this happens, but when you sit in that mildly uncomfortable chair, close your eyes and allow the MAC make-up artist work their wonderful magic, you may as well give them all of your savings, right there and then. 

'But it really is worth it', you will utter as you hand over your weekly food allowance in lieu of some Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (which is, coincidentally, one of the best products for enhancing facial contours whilst still looking natural)

So yes, I made the leap. And yes, I am now a MAC foundation convert. I purchased the Studio Sculpt SPF 15, £24, available from MAC cosmetics, as I wanted a medium coverage which still has a luminous, glowy appearance as opposed to matte.

Studio Sculpt has a really thick liquid consistency, it's a gel based foundation which is fantastic for dry skin, which is best applied with a foundation brush. It's also buildable, so you can layer the application to create a high coverage. Here's a before and after picture, featuring my dear friend Anna...


I would recommend leaving the foundation for a couple of minutes before applying any powder to the skin surface, as it does set after you apply it. I'd recommend buying the complimenting Mineralise Skinfinish Natural powder, £21, to apply over the Studio Sculpt for an utterly flawless finish.

 Find out all the latest beauty news by subscribing to the Pout Out Proud blog, and following @PoutOutProud on Twitter!

3 comments:

  1. Ya know whats great about mac foundations that I love!
    They are great for when you tan your body but not your face!
    And only a few have flashback (white face on camera with brown neck)
    mix a bit of instant wash of tanner with your foundation and flashback fucks off, and your same colour as your neck! haha xx
    kewteepye.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the before pic (not so much the after) your friend looks like Liv Tyler! That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We say this ALL the time, so much so that I actually laughed out loud when I read your comment! Jill from Pout Out Proud x

    ReplyDelete