Wednesday 2 January 2013

Woo all the Boys... with MAC 'Ruby Woo' Lippy


MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo, £14.00, available from MACcosmetics.co.uk and MAC lip pencil in Cherry,  £11.50, available from MACcosmetics.co.uk

I have a hot new love in my life (and it isn't a man. Who needs 'em?) Nope, it's MAC lipstick in 'Ruby Woo'. I absolutely love it. Such a glorious deep red, it adds instant glamour to any outfit. It doesn't dry out the lip, and feels nice and velvety on application. Here's my New Year's Eve make-up choice, featuring the treasured lip wear:


Top Tips for Red Lip Perfection
1. Invest in a matching lip pencil. MAC's lip pencil in 'Cherry' matches 'Ruby Woo' perfectly, and will add clarity and perfection to the lips. 
2. Optimise your pout. Use the matching lip pencil to create a cupid's bow, and add fullness by going slightly over the edge of your bottom lip. Apply the lip pencil to the entirety of the lip if you want your red to stay put all night long.
3. Think about colour clashes. Avoid blushes which are pink or red based, and opt instead for a blush which looks closer to a bronzer. I wore Benefit Sugarbomb Face Powder (and focused on the bronze/golden shades of the palette) The same applies for a highlighter - I used Barry M's Dazzle Dust in Gold Iridescent

Get all the hottest beauty tips: subscribe to Pout Out Proud. Love this look? Please leave me a comment below...

1 comment:

  1. wow amazing color! I have the russian red...and Ilove it :)

    ReplyDelete